Friday, August 12, 2011

Catching up

It has been quite a while since I posted our adventures.  We have been busy visiting with our daughter, Tonya and her family in Indian Trail NC.  We arrived on June 29th and checked into the KOA in Fort Mill SC which is only about 20 miles from Tonya's.  We made a visit to the NASCAR Hall of Fame and had a wonderful time.  Even if you are not a NASCAR fan, it is a really interesting place to visit.  There is an amazing amount of science that goes into racing.  I would recommend a visit if anyone is in the Charlotte area for a few days.  The pictures below are just a taste of what is there.

That's me in the left most picture trying my hand at driving.  I'm lousy.  I don't think I made it around the track one time without crashing.  I'm better at driving the MH but it is also a lot slower.

The grandkids had a great time.  Joshua tried his hand at changing a tire.  It was a timed event and for an 8 year old I thought he did a great job.  Check it out below.

Future Pit Crew Member
 

Future Drivers
                                               Joshua                  Ella                   Caleb

No comments: